YORK PLACE GALLERY
Hi. This page tells you about our privacy and security policy. It outlines the information we automatically collect, how we use, disclose and otherwise manage this information and the choices you have to restrict the usage of this information..
Essential information we collect
When you access our website we might automatically capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit to the site. This might include the time you visited, the last page or product you visited. This helps us and you when we:
- Remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- Monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- Let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click; and
- Control that your data is processed securely.
You can visit our website without giving us any personal information. However, if you subscribe to our Newsletter, or contact us by email, we may use personal information such as email address, name, telephone number, website, address. We only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it, or as otherwise required by law; specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
We provide access to your personal information only to those employed by www.yorkplacegallery.co.uk
We will also collect this information when you sign up to receive newsletters or request e-mail replies. E mails are stored on a secure network programme which we use to send you regular updates from Localartandcrafts.co.uk.
Cookies are pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive which identify you when you enter. The ability to select samples on our site is not cookie-driven. We may use session cookies to provide a seamless experience on the site and to combine with our log files so that we can understand our site traffic and analyse our demographic information in aggregate form. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, our site will not identify you when you enter and you will need to manually type in your ID and password. If you do not wish to have cookies on your system you an disable them.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters, or submit your email address specifically for the purpose of receiving our newsletter.
Other uses of personal data
You can visit out website without telling us who you are, but we will need some of your personal information if you ask to subscribe to our Newsletter, to make an enquiry by e mail.
- For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to enable delivery of our Newsletter or emails you subscribe to. We may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
How do we process your information?
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honoured to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations. If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement
Please contact us if you have any queries about our Privacy and Security Policy, how we treat your personal information or to unsubscribe from an email or other marketing list. You can email us at email@example.com or write to us at 3 York Place, Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 0QR, UK
REMEMBER – THE JOURNEY THE JOURNEY IS SOMETIMES MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION!